What is the "Open Graph"?
The Open Graph is the network formed between users, Facebook, Facebook pages and
websites. It allows a person’s experience to be customized based on a user’s connections (what
their friends have “liked”) within this Social Graph. The Open Graph network consists of
“objects” which can be Facebook pages, web pages, videos, and other data which exists on the
OGO – Open Graph Optimization is similarly optimizing your Facebook page(s) and your
website(s) including your blog so that they have the biggest impact on the Open Graph and
potential consumers lives.
Getting people to “like” your stuff is the ultimate goal. We are not simply talking about your
Facebook page, which is very important, but please note that you can also use methods that will
allow people to like your website so that it can become part of the Open Graph as well. The
same is true of your blog. The more ways that you can allow people to like your web pages,
blog posts, and of course your Facebook page(s) the better off you will be.
By optimizing all of these different areas you can have the greatest impact on the Open Graph so
that as the various search tools evolve it is more likely that people will find you because of these
interactions with their friends.
The first thing that you need to do is create a list of your web assets. These include:
- - Facebook page(s)
- - Websites
- - Micro Sites
- - Blogs
- - Other social media profiles
- - Any directory listings that you may have
Once you have put together a list you should check each one and look for:
- - Do you have links to your Open Graph items (Facebook page(s), websites, blogs, etc.)?
- - Do you have ways for people to like this item?
- - Do you have ways for people to easily go to your Open Graph items?
- - Do you have ways for them to like/connect (to an Open Graph item) on this property (ex.
- - To be able to like your Facebook page from your website)?
- - Do you have your Open Graph meta tags on this property?
- - Do you have ways that encourage people to like you?
Want to learn more and take part in a Facebook group about Open Graph Optimization? click here
We will be adding more updates as time goes on so make sure to like our Facebook page https://facebook.com/bleapp.